You are here: Urology Textbook > Urologic examinations > Testicular examination
Examination of the Testicles and Scrotum
The physical examination is presented as a checklist with possible (pathological) results. Special important attention is given to important findings for urologists.
Examination of the Inguinal Canal and Spermatic Cord
- inguinal hernia?
- Palpable vas deferens?
- Varicocele in supine position or standing upright?
- Inguinal cutaneous conditions?
Examination of the Scrotal Skin
Examination of the Testicles
- Determination of testicular size (in ml) using an orchidometer.
- Testes position: scrotal? inguinal? not palpable?
- Palpable tumor or or scrotal enlargement?
- Epididymis: Tenderness? Enlargement?
Index: 1–9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
Deutsche Version: Untersuchung des Hodens